The Intuitive Defensive® Handgun Course is designed to expose students to the most efficient method of defending themselves with a handgun during a dynamic critical incident. All of the principles and fundamentals of the Intuitive Defensive® Shooting program are applied to the handgun.
The following topics are covered:
- The Balance of Speed & Precision with a handgun
- Defensive accuracy / defensive efficiency
- The critical incident reload
- Volume of fire
- Realistic training for multiple target engagements
- The body's natural reactions during a dynamic critical incident
- The skill development cycle
- One hand & weak hand shooting
This is a physically intensive class with a lot of activity and a high round count. Along with an open mind and a positive attitude, this is what you need to bring with you:
- Semiautomatic handgun 9mm caliber of higher (no revolvers)
- 3-5 magazines
- Sturdy pistol belt with a quality holster and magazine pouches
- Eye and ear protection
- Weather appropriate clothing to include closed toe shoes
- Note taking material (optional)
- Snacks and water. We will also provide water and shade
Our next Intuitive Defensive Handgun class is Saturday, October 15th.
If you can't make the October 15th class, take a look at our upcoming Intuitive Defensive Handgun classes.