What to Bring
The Women's Handgun and Self Defense Fundamentals course is conducted in the classroom and on the firing range. Ozark Dynamics will provide a climate controlled classroom, restroom facilities, and a first class live fire range. In order for you to be as comfortable and safe as possible, make sure you bring the items on our recommended equipment list:
- A handgun (or two or three). We prefer a modern, striker fired handgun in 9mm for a defensive handgun.
- At least 100 rounds of ammunition for your handgun(s). The following companies usually have ammunition in stock:
- We have a limited amount of ammunition for sale at current market prices.
- Closed toe footwear. No sandals, crocs, flip-flops. Hiking boot type footwear is preferable but tennis shoes will be just fine.
- Closed neck upper clothing. No V necks or tank tops. The brass ejected from a firearm is very hot and tends to find its way into places we guarantee you do not want it to go.
- Ear protection. Electronic ear muffs are preferred since you will be able to hear your instructors. We prefer the Howard Leight Impact Sport model. Eye and ear protection are mandatory at all times on the range.
- Eye protection. We prefer Howard Leight Genesis shooting glasses with clear or yellow lenses. Eye and ear protection are mandatory at all times on the range.
- Hat with a bill or brim.
- Sunblock and bug spray.
- Snacks and drinks. Ozark Dynamics provides water and a light lunch for this class but you may bring your own favorite drinks and snacks. No alcoholic beverages at any time.
- Note taking material